Wierd volume burst?

AngelSkin
AngelSkin
08/13/2008 3:40 pm
Alright,i'm recording in sonar and am trying to record the next riff(on a track below the previous riff)and once I complete the riff,on playback there this "Woomph" sound on the first strum.I know it isn't because i'm picking it hard or anything.Its not clipping or anything either...I even tried strumming before the next riff enters and it still audible.There IS a lead line track directly above it...

I also sometimes get a "click" at the very start of a riff,even without splitting clips.Very strange.Why can't my daw simply work!

any help much appreciated.
# 1
AngelSkin
AngelSkin
08/18/2008 12:56 am
Nevermind,I found a solution(just using a slight volume envelope!)
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
08/20/2008 10:27 pm
Sounds really good man, a real throw back to my technical death metal days... inspiring me to get back and blast out another one! I used to do vox and rhythm/lead for one of my previous bands called Retribution (over 10 years ago!) - kind of similar to your stuff, like a cross between Necrophagist and Nocturnus but without the silly gore/evil lyrics. You planning on vocals? High brow lyrics with multi timbral vocals like the very first Deicide album would finish this off nicely!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.