acoustic guitar

pewter7string
pewter7string
11/27/2001 7:07 pm
I'm new to the guitar world. I have an electric that I play through the Yamaha DG Stomp effects processor. I also have an acoustic with pickup. I'm curious if you guys feel the Yamaha AG Stomp (for acoustic)is worth getting for effects on my acoustic. Can anybody help?
# 1
spook_et
spook_et
11/27/2001 9:11 pm
Can't say I've ever tried the Yamaha stomp box, but the Crate amp I have has plenty of fx built in. I bought it thiking I'd use them a lot - I don't.
If you already have the money set aside for the stomp box, I'd say go ahead and buy it from a major local music store (ala Mars or Guitar Center) that has a liberal return policy (90 days in most cases) and try it for yourself. See if it fits your playing style.
# 2
jwstandifer
jwstandifer
12/04/2001 7:33 pm
I've got a few different pedals and 2 effects processors. I play rockabilly and country, so I like the sound you are looking for out of an acoustic stomp box. I don't think you should waste your money on a box though, because you don't typically have enough drive from the acoustics pick-up to get the raspy acoustic sound you are looking for. In short, just play it thru your amp is my advice and spend the money on better speakers to capture the tonal quality of the acoustic.
I'm gonna figure this damned ax out!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.