View post (Pick choices?)

View thread

ChipShank
Instructor - Knucklehead
ChipShank
Instructor - Knucklehead
06/25/2008 11:59 am
I'll admit it....I am a complete pick geek.
I keep 2 bowls full of picks here on on my desk at all times & I usually have at least 8-10 in my pocket at any given time. LOL You just never know when or where you might run into a playable guitar ya know....Plus guitar picks make great ball markers and conversation starters, when you're out playing golf. :rolleyes:

Anyway...the point of this whole thread, is what kind of picks do you currently use & why?

For myself, my main picks are 1.5mm Dunlop Gator Grip, 1.14mm Dunlop Tortex Jazz and 1.5mm "Heavy" Cool picks (white Jazz shaped picks, that are slightly larger and have non-slip surfaces on each side).

BUT....LOL...I also keep picks in every shape/thickness/material handy, from .6mm Dunlop Tortex Standards to 2mm Gator grips to 1.5mm Tortex Sharps to these little florescent green .88mm Pro-Grips to Jazz IIIs to the little teardrop shaped Fender 358 Jazz picks. :confused:
It's worse than that really...but I am saving you some of the gorey details. LOL And yes...I do use virtually all of them at some time or another.

What's your fav & why?

Don