View post (What ever happened to the guitar solo???)

View thread

nechako
nechako
01/02/2002 11:58 pm
When I look back at the 80's(the sick 80's), I don't see a whole lot I like; I'm ashamed to have grown up in them sometimes. Hendrix opened a door of perception to a new sound, it was now acceptable to play freely, for a while. Then every caulk rocker on the planet was more interested in looking cool and convincing mindless multitudes that they were great, with the audacity of there leather pants and wanna be rock, a totally artless sound. And where are they now? True art lives on amidst the "fill" of wanna be soundslike music solos. Most music is just the backdrop for a great sound aching to amerge upon the planet, the true spirit is tired of this planet, its saturated with illusion and white noise: its the universe that yerns for the music of artists like Bach, Hendrix, SRV, Enya, Metheney, Black Sabbath(earlyyrs). Great soloing is creation itself speaking uninhibited through a medium(an artist), not an egomaniac looking for fame-their music may shock you but it will never move the spirit in you. 80's rock was the death force trying to smother out life spirit in dull Telsa riffs and other such garbage. Modeless music sux in other words, play with the modes and the circle of 5th's 4th's and let the emotion flow uninhibited by how cool you want to be and the music will visit you and play "with" you. Music is the voices of angels the emotions of creation and is alive, and is disgusted by ego(rap), there is another force in the universe that takes care of the artless forms,a dark lifeless entity that entices with luxury and forfits all its promises leaving the follower reeling in a loneliness undecribable.