speaker simulater

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/19/2008 5:58 am
i know it mught also be called a power sug power break power atunuator. what ever its called it goes between the speaker outputson the amp and the speaker. and creates a dummy load so you can have a 50 watt all tube amp cranked and only have 5 watts of sound comming out.

well i need one and i dont know how to really tell whats good or bad when it comes to one or these.

so does any one know what to look for when im shopping for one?

ive got about a million more questions that that should help us get started.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/19/2008 9:10 am
Palmer PDI-03, great piece of gear. I have one hooked up to my Mesa rig, Triaxis > 2:90 poweramp > PDI-03 - the rig is insanely loud when hooked up to a cab but I can use the simulator to record direct at any volume I want and even use headphones. It comes with ground lift to remove cycle hums and has a balanced and unbalanced outs for straight to desk or PA options etc. You can also switch between settings for different cab/speaker size - deep will give an extremely heavy boomy low end for monster power. If you decide to buy one get it from Germany for less than half the cost of the US retail price - do a search and you'll find a site in German, then email them in English, most Germans have excellent English so it should be no problem.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.