Line6 Gearbox Gold Bundle

Superhuman
Superhuman
06/16/2008 12:22 pm
Dudes,
I'm not the biggest fan of Line6 but there is an amazing deal on the Gearbox Gold Bundle than includes the Toneport for $99 at Sweetwater. Just bought it and it is a great addition to the home studio. Everything has its place and even if you only use the Toneport to capture a clean signal for reamping it is worth the investment. Works for vocals and bass too so why the hell not buy it?! The software can be used as a VST plug-in which is what I like the most so you can use the effects, cabs, mics, etc on anything you are mixing (not just guitar, vocals and bass) - pretty great value for the money.
# 1
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/16/2008 6:44 pm
Heya Super,
I just bought a toneport ux1- w/out the gold bundle :(

You upload stuff for the monthly GT solo assignments, right? What have you been using as an interface for recording your stuff? I'm pretty happy with the Toneport and just getting used to the effects and stuff, just wonder what everyone else uses. And what recording software do you use? The Ableton software came with the TP. I know Light uses something called the StealthPlug and Reaper.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/18/2008 10:58 am
I have a pretty powerful system for home recording but when I distill it down to what I use most its basically an Echo Layla 3G soundcard - rackmounted with 8 ins and 8 outs plus it can take xlr and midi, very handy. I record my guitar direct through a Rocktron Prophesy II, after that I mix etc in Cubase SX3. I have a huge ammount of other stuff but when it comes to effects I do pretty much everything through my UAD-1 dsp card on the pc (it powers a bunch of VST effects in Cubase).
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.