protable amps

BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/12/2008 10:14 pm
i think this thread should be down is gear discussion but i need my answer fast, so if its like weight set or buying a game system ill be very happy.

i have a pignose (the small one) its only about 1 watt or so but it sounds great to me. but its too big.

what im looking for is a small protable amp (roland cubes need not applly they are too big) that can fit inside a hardshell case and still leave enough room for tuner extra strings allen key string winder (the normal stuff you keep in a case.) i would like this thing to sound atleast ok, and maybe even have a head phone jack.

i know there is a very small amp the plug into the guitar is part of the amp but i have no clue how they sound.

thanks in advance for any help.
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 1
pure
pure
06/13/2008 6:06 am
musician's friend had a nice selection about a year or two ago.. they still might.. they went to real small sizes too
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 2
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/13/2008 7:35 pm
Maybe this will do. You can get it at guitar center or most any music shop. It runs on batteries, and has a headphone jack. You're not going to blow anyone's eardrums out, but you can clip it to your belt with or w/out hearphones. Not a bad little practice amp. Had one for years.

http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--MSHMS2
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 3
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/13/2008 8:42 pm
Originally Posted by: puremusician's friend had a nice selection about a year or two ago.. they still might.. they went to real small sizes too

i have already looked at musiciansfriend.com and guitarcenters.com before i even posted. i just dont really trust the user reviews on their sites because some of the gear that gets high marks i know sucks. so i posted here to try to get actual reviews from people using the gear im looking at.

thanks silimtao, i have used one of those before and i know they are ok. and i have been looking into getting one, but the size might be a little on the big side.
# 4
ren
ren
06/13/2008 8:53 pm
Hey broken...

I have a smokey amp - very low output but very small and cheap... and fit easily in a case with all your other bits and pieces... check em out here

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 5
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/13/2008 9:28 pm
You're welcome, Broken. I've seen tiny amps like ren linked ya to; seen 'em at guitar center also. imo, if you're going to go that small, I really hope you don't have your hopes too high despite any reviews good or bad. The baby Marshall sounds ok at best; I can't imagine a smaller amp being any better, so I'd suggest getting the cheapest, little one you can buy. They're pretty fragile anyway- drop it, and more than likely it'll get broken. So just get the cheapest one.

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 6
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
06/14/2008 5:06 am
i would very much like to thank everyone for the help, plans have a way of changing and so do the needs of those plans. the reason why i wanted to get a lil amp is cause i was told i could carry my guitar on the plane with me and since you can only have one bag i could take my pignose (no way in hell id put my guitar or amp in checked baggage.) but after a call to the companys support center before i bought tickets i found out you can tke anything larger than a briefcase or backpack. so im going to have to drive to go on vactaion.

thanks again for the help.

could some one help me out a little on deleting this thread. i think there is a little info of value but we would need to make a much better post on the pros/cons of portable amps in the gear disscussion room.
# 7
Silimtao
Silimtao
06/14/2008 5:18 am
That sucks, Broken. Sorry to hear that. I think Light deletes stuff; maybe if you PM him he'll delete it if he feels it necessary.

# 8
pure
pure
06/14/2008 8:12 pm
oops nvm..
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.