View post (weight set?)

View thread

pure
pure
06/10/2008 9:12 pm
Originally Posted by: BrokenJerai always thought sprinters we so muscled because they were like boxers, trying to keep their weight down as much as possible.

you could be correct about that.. I don't know how olympic runners are trained but i'm sure there's some scientific method behind their training where body weight is accounted for. but i'm also sure that those people are cut from a different cloth and the way they're trained might not even work for my skill level.

well anyways, the difficult part will be figuring out which muscles to train and finding a balance and keeping that balance. My sister has a bunch of anatomy cds so I could search for the functions of each individual skeletal muscle and figure out which muscles are responsible for which parts of running... or I could just train my whole body and see what kind of improvements that yields. and the good thing about heavy weight lifting is that I'll get too sore to overtrain.

The boot camp handbooks sound interesting. They may be what I need. I wonder if I can get some online
Originally Posted by: schmangeugly fat chicks