Weathered...

Joseph
Joseph
11/22/2001 5:03 am
Well, I thought that Creed's performance last night was pretty cool. Although I can't say the same for the saturday night Live Skits, I think they were a little bit dull. I never realy liked Billy Bob, the smartest things he ever did was marry Angelina Jolie, and the dumbest thing she ever did was marry Billy Bob.

When Creed first came out, I never really liked them, I just thought they were another poser band, just simply trying to be someone else. I heard a few songs here and there, eh, nothing special. But then my neighbor turned me ont their music. During those long car rides she brought along her Creed records, and once I really had the chance to listen to this band realized that they weren't half that bad.

When you're confined in a car with someone, you really have no choice but to listen. So it's either the music, or the nagging of your friend. I chose the music, and I have no regrets.

I think the one thing that stands out with Creed (with todays music) it's that the singer can actiually sing. He really knows how to carry a note and sing in conjuction with the guitariast (who is pretty damn good.) Although the album cover for their next album looks kind of dorky, the music speaks for itself. I find that their music is an honest representation of their themselves, something that has seriously been lacking in the music industry as of late.

So, have you heard the new record? Mark Tremonti's guitar playing sure has improved.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
stratman42
stratman42
11/22/2001 8:39 pm
Yeh, i love Creed. Scott Stapp's a great singer, and Mark Tremonti is a great guitarist and a cool guy. By the new album, do you mean Human Clay?
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
11/23/2001 1:42 am
Originally posted by stratman42
By the new album, do you mean Human Clay?

No, I'm refering to the new album Weathered, it was just released last Tuesday. I think it sounds great, they have definitely improved as songwriters. Check it out!!!

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3
stratman42
stratman42
11/23/2001 7:14 pm
Cool. I live in UK though, so it'll be a bit later coming out here.
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.