View post (A good man and great inspiration-Jason Becker)

View thread

Hjorvard
Hjorvard
05/23/2008 7:14 pm
Originally Posted by: BenoitGreat story and great show of perseverance on your part.

I've knowed about Jason Becker for quite some time. Not a lot of people know that but Jon Broderick (founder of GT) has a sister site called musicianwar.com. Each year, musicianwar.com releases a best of. All the proceed of the cd goes to the Jason Becker's foundation. I've been blessed to be part of that compilation for 5 years now and hope to continu as long as I can. It's been an honor to give something back to him. I've heard many stories of strength concerning Jason Becker and everytime, I'm floored by how he handles everything. His is one of a kind, the kind of people that helps you put everything into perspective.

Get to know Jason Becker if you've never heard of him. His story will touch you.

That is so awesome that you guys are able to do that for him! Maybe one day if I get good enough I'd like to contribute music as well. If it wasn't for his inspiration and my undying love for music, I most certainly would have given up.. from my perspective, I was ridiculed for being born different, and even now that I am left with pain and little more than a distinguished limp, I never knew the joy of running, or skipping, or standing on one leg or kneeling down..but I realize it's one thing to have never known something, then to have had the whole world at your finger tips and having it cruely stripped away. From my experience alone I have been left so jaded (though I am not so much now) so it realy is truly amazing how he can hold no grudges or hate, and adapt and continue on.