Van Halen

Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
05/15/2008 4:38 pm
So, I saw them last Sunday here in Atlanta expecting them to not be all that great. I was really expecting Eddy to come on stage drunk as piss and sloppy as ever, and Roth to have lost his stage performance and voice.....
But really...

They were great! I guess rehab really payed off for Eddy because he looked as sober as he could possibly be and he played outstanding. The sound quality was great too so that's a plus. Also, Roth put on a great show and his voice sounded excellent.

Wolfgang was alright (Eddy's son). Nothing special there, but everything else was great.

Has anyone else seen them live on their latest tour? If so, were they as good as when I saw them?
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal." - Incubus

Band Myspace
# 1
Metallifreak6
Metallifreak6
05/16/2008 4:34 am
I saw them about 4 or so years ago when they toured with Sammy Hagar. I didn't know that Eddy ever went through rehab lol, when i saw him he wuz just a small guy smokin' and smilin' with some crooked teeth. But WOW could he play. When he played his solo he put a bit of eruption in there and i took a look around at the crowd and they were absolutely silent with their jaws dropped. It was insane. Definitely one of the most cool bands to see live i would think. As for vocals Sammy did a good job from what i remember but there are a lot of Van Halen fans that have like a vendetta against Roth or Hagar and i actually like them both about equally. Good show!
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/17/2008 12:02 am
Haven't seen them since they played the Gardens in Toronto just after the first album. It was the last row & so hot that my binoculars kept steaming up but at least I finally got to see how he played Eruption.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.