Rare VHT Cab

Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
05/15/2008 2:02 am
So I recently picked up a new VHT Pitbull 50/CL head and it's great. But I dropped so much on the amp that I couldn't afford to get a decent cab for it. Thus, I was stuck using my old junky Peavey 4x12. I hit the Craigslist ads for a nicer cab - perhaps a Mesa, Marshall, or if I was incredibly lucky, a VHT cab. And whaddayaknow, some guy about 30 minutes away is selling a VHT cab for $600. I figure that its a great deal considering a new one costs almost twice that much. It's a 4x12 VHT Fatbottom cab in TWEED! To make a long story short, it's a very rare item - only a few of these tweed 4x12s were ever made and it is circa 1993. There are no tears in the tweed - only a little minor scuffing. It's in superb condition for a 15 year old cab. The only thing not original are the speakers. The cab originally had Celestion Greenbacks in it, but the most recent owner (I am now the 3rd owner) swapped them out for Eminence P50Es which now are standard issue in newer VHT cabs. Doesn't bother me really cuz I was just looking for a nice cab. The fact that it is somewhat of a collector's item and it was only $600 is just icing on the cake! Just thought I share....
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.