why did you start playing??

liamhart
liamhart
07/19/2008 10:20 pm
solo in under a glass moon..
'nuff said
"Because i do not compete, i am unbeatable".
# 1
norseindian
norseindian
07/20/2008 11:41 pm
Originally Posted by: Sing4LTSummm..chicks dig it!

Good way to put it

Well Done

the N.I.
# 2
Silvervox
Silvervox
07/21/2008 3:51 pm
I play because I've always felt like I should.. even as a little kid sitting in the back seat listening to a Walkman, I'd hear a solo or a great hook, and store it away in my memory for when I "finally started playing." Well, I finally realized that planning to play isn't the same thing as playing, and have been playing a while now. I just feel like a song can be good when listened to, but becomes a kerjillion (it's a number!) times better when you can actually play it. I love playing more than eating or sleeping... I've gotten all sanctimonious though.("Why are you sitting there wasting your time watching TV? Go make something!") But anyway... to sum it all up I just feel like when I don't have a guitar in my hands I'm wasting my time. And speaking of wasting time... I'm always on the forums while I'm at work! Lol. Stick it to da man!
"Keep a good head and always carry a lightbulb."
# 3
davebowling
davebowling
07/21/2008 11:15 pm
AMEN on the chicks!

Got a friend that's been teaching guitar in Dallas for 18 years and playing for over 40 yrs. Just this week end he Emailed and mentioned that very fact. Said that any dude that says different is simply lying.

And guess what? It works. I was once in a 5 pc band and there were 14 divorces total between us. Go figure.
# 4
reign_over_me
reign_over_me
07/22/2008 12:59 am
yes i know its bad and because of my age, i may never learn. LOL. my dad played guitar. a week before he died he gave me his guitar and said he wanted me to learn play. after he died, an adult member of my family decided that my dad had no right to give a guitar to a 12 yr old girl. so it was taken from me, and i never saw it again. About 2 weeks ago i related this story to an on-line friend of mine. 2 days ago i recieved a beautiful guitar in the mail. its a belated b-day gift from her, and it looks a lot like the one my father had given me. so now i am fullfilling his request that i learn to play. i would love to learn his favorite song. I used to sit on the floor and watch him play Wildwood Flower. the day i can play that, will be a happy one for me.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.