View post (why did you start playing??)

View thread

fuyu
Full Access
fuyu
Full Access
05/14/2008 6:31 pm
Mine is a bit embarrassing. :o I could have learned when I was very little from a neighbor, unfortunately I didn't take advantage of it. After that, I was pulled into r&b and hiphop (middle school, high school and a little at the beginning of college.. I didn't get into rock until I was 20. At that time that's when my interest really sparked to learn guitar, but unfortunately I didn't have a guitar to start so I never went ahead with learning. I took it for granted... I wish I didn't. When i turned 23, I had my daughter.. and well, you can't do much learning when you have a really young baby around. At that time someone named Miyavi became a solo artist and I had stars in my eyes when ever I saw him play... and he's been a huge inspiration to me ever since.

My daughter just turned 5, and more independent (I have lots of time now to learn when she's at preschool - and soon will be going to elementary school) so I took "her guitar" that a friend gave to my husband (a junior 3/4 acoustic guitar) and came here to GT to learn the fundamentals off of that little thing until I would get a real guitar. My husband saw me working on it and saw how serious I got about learning, so he took me to a guitar shop a few days ago and bought me my first guitar and I've been just learning as I go since then.

For myself... I don't want to be a rock star, or musician lol. Hmm but, maybe if I learned earlier I would have wanted ike that.. :D I just simply want to learn and be able to play the guitar. That's all!