View post (so who likes non guitar related music?)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
05/13/2008 3:02 am
Good question. I kinda wondered what everyone here listened to also. Before I discovered rock, I grew up on soul (from an older sister), Motown stuff. One of my all time favorite albums that I can listen to front and back is Marvin Gaye's What's Goin' On album.

I like some classical- Fur Elise & Moonlight Sonata are 2 of my favs.

I like some fusion by a Berklee horn instructor- named Tiger Okoshi. Used to see him at clubs when I was there. I think he played a cornet live, but I think he mainly taught trumpet. He really rocked, w/out being a rocker, but I guess that's why they call it fusion.

In the dead days of rock, the early '80s- dare I say it? Yeah, I went to discos :eek: At least it was danceable, and a good way to meet the ladies.

I also like a lot of pop, pop/rock- Todd Rundgren, Michael McDondald, and stuff my daughter listens to that do covers of tunes when I was her age.

My 2 favorite singers- and I guess this will sound really weird to some- are Dionne Warwick, and Johnny Mathis- my sis used to listen to them all the time.

Never got into punk much, but I went to CBGBs in NYC plenty of times.

I can take straight ahead jazz in small doses. I'm just beginning to get into metal, but I'll always be a '70s rocker/blues guitar guy + finger-picking stuff; ragtime,chicken pickin', some classical is always cool, especially when someone sees my guitars and asks me to play something- which is rare, thankfully, lol.

I'll pretty much listen to anything, but anytime I hear an "Easy Listening" station, I want to bang my head against the wall.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)