View post (so who likes non guitar related music?)

View thread

Fret spider
Fret spider
05/11/2008 8:10 pm
hey i was wonderin whio here listens to music that isnt guitar oriented. i know that in my early days i had a simple formula music with guitar = good music without = bad. then it became music with difficuilt technical guitar= good.

then it all changed i melowed a bit started to reapreciate the value of a good tune. and slowly more doors open up. now i like all sorts of music. all the guitar related ones. but others now as well.

i can listen to jazz that doesnt have guitars. enjoy a bit of good piano or sax. just cos the tone isnt guitar tone doesnt meen its not good.

then very recently it changed in a big way. i got into trance music. well psytrance to be specific. its a bit underground but in my mind that makes it better. good ayering of tracks interestin melodies, very different to the comercial stuff. i even find myslef now liking some hip hop, the uncomercial stuff. never expected that.

oh well just wondered if any of u felt the same. personally i feel its liberating and opens ur mind to music which can only be good for ur guitar playin.

ps if any of u can buy the psytrance euphoria album mixed by john '00' fleming its well worth it. second cd has some proper good stuff on it especially the track ghost in the machiene (wizzy noise) remixed by xerox and illumination.

awsoem track with a very cool melody line at about 1 min 40.