View post (Deep Emotion)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
06/13/2008 11:01 am
Originally Posted by: MCBluesmanI noticed some famous artists use certain words or phases as "catch phases" to hook people. I wondered why that works so well.

Communication of an emotion or expression that paints a picture or story takes some thought & ability to reach people.

The "Catch Phase" or "Hook" is used to attract the listener early in the song. The average listener will get only devote a few seconds to a new piece or neew performer. If they are not attracted to the song or performer in that short time period they quit listening. That is why the "Hook" is so important. If the listener doesn't listen to your entire song the emotion or your personal expression won't matter, because most people aren't going hear it.

Of course, there are some who will listen to the entire song from start to finish, but the majority will not. That is way I say, if you are writing and performing for yourself, whatever you want to do is fine. However, if you are tring to attract an audience, publisher, artist, etc. the "Hook" is very important.

There are other things that make up a good song or performance, but don't under estimate the importance of the "Hook".

Just my opinion and we all know it ain't worth much!