View post (Deep Emotion)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
05/29/2008 4:51 pm
I don't know. I did listen to a lot of music while growing up, but played very little. I now play a lot, but listen to music very little. If I'm driving on a long trip, I will play some CDs. Or I might go to an occasionally concert. I also hear others play live just messing around or at an festival. But I do not sit and listen to music hours on end. I love music, but have too many other things to do.

You are probably right in saying everyone is influenced by other's music. My just playing the guitar was influenced by others, but I don't hear something and try to duplicate it and claim as mine. I might learn a song or even change it, but it's not mine. I have rewritten lyrics to existing music, but I don't claim it as mine. Same goes when I rewrite the music.

I'm working on a song now that I heard a guy do live at the Peace Cafe in Dayton, Ohio. I liked the lyrics (somewhat), but did not like the way he played or sang it. So, I am rewriting all the music and changing some lyrics, but I will not claim it as mine. He was the originator.

So, I guess you can say I was influenced my is song.