View post (Deep Emotion)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
05/20/2008 11:34 am
Originally Posted by: Drew77The best thing you can do other than writing is reading. Find lyrics yo love and really get into them. Find interviews with the song writer or things they have written other than lyrics. Immerse yourself in good music and lyrics and poetry.

To each his own, but I have never done this. I seldom even listen to others music. I could care less what others are doing. If I am on a long trip I might put in a CD and I do go to a few concerts from time to time. In my younger years I read some poetry and listened to more music than I do now. I'm just to busy to just sit and listen or read lyrics. I am inspired to write, I don't use anything or any structure or sound or style from anyone (other than songwriters format). My stuff is all original.

I might add lyrics or change lyrics for someones music. I had even taken a whole song that someone wrote and changed it completely, but it's at their request.

I guess you can learn from others. I am not putting down what you said. I just don't do it that way. It is true the more you do the better you become and more you enjoy it.