View post (Deep Emotion)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
05/19/2008 5:00 pm
Writing lyrics is magical! The lyrics come from inspiration and inspiration can come from anywhere!

You may see, hear, taste, touch, or even smell something that will inspire you to write. It maybe a person in your life, or person you would like to meet. I could be phrase you overheard or feeling you once had, but is magical. It’s magical because you weren’t thinking about writing a song, but you were inspired to write.

Putting your thoughts into rhyme is just practice. Some people have the gift of rhyme. I don’t. I have to work at it. Don’t under estimate your abilities. It’s like everything else in life. You have to work at it to make it a success. If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

I have written lyrics for people that provided me the music or the idea. I really don't think there is much different for me, but when I write for myself I start with the lyrics. I fall in love with the lyrics of songs I heard long before I enjoy the music.

I don't know if this has helped you with your writing, but it may help you to understand the magic of song writing.

Just remember not to take anything I say to serious. I a little looney don't ya know!