View post (equipment suggestions?)

View thread

srpianojrguitar
srpianojrguitar
04/22/2008 5:39 am
hi everyone. been a while since ive been to this site haha. but i was thinking about getting into a bit of recording again, but i thought that, oh i dont know, maybe i could record in DEC ENT quality haha. but i think i have a better idea of what im looking for, i just need the people with the know how to help a bit.

im just looking for straight forward (record playing directley into computer)

i think this would do the trick, would it not?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-TonePort-GX-USB-Recording-Interface-104484647-i1275725.gc

because i think then id be able to just buy a condenser mic and plug the stereo jack into that and just start crackin.

also. i have this old old yamaha keyboard. it has a midi plug in the back. do i just get a midi to usb cable and record into the music software?

and finally, im looking for some programs. right now i edit music with sony vegas and audacity. i was wondering whether there was better programs for music recording/editing(for pc) and maybe an digital drum program. it doesnt matter if its freeware or not.

also, while im at it. do youguys know what the best recording mic is for 100 bucks?

thanks a ton guys.
You come into this world naked, you leave this world naked

-You dont leave the world naked

You do if you plan it right

HEYYY AQUAALUNNGGGGG!