Problem, someone, anyone hear me. Help me.

emarwood
emarwood
04/12/2008 5:55 pm
Major, major problem.
Trying my hand at tuning like my teacher has asked me to do. As I am suposed to tune up each time I pick the thing up I realised I had better try it out.
And now it's majorly out of tune. And I don't know what to do :confused: it's realy anoying. I'm trying to practice anyway no matter how it sound. But it's doing my head in.

Somebody, anybody help me. Please.
We know not the minute or the hour. We should live each lipgloss as if it's our last. (Marian Keys. The Nicest Thing That Ever Happened to Me)
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
04/12/2008 6:59 pm
http://www.gieson.com/Library/projects/utilities/tuner/

Try this site.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
emarwood
emarwood
04/12/2008 7:15 pm
I think I love you Hunter60.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.
We know not the minute or the hour. We should live each lipgloss as if it's our last. (Marian Keys. The Nicest Thing That Ever Happened to Me)
# 3
earthman buck
earthman buck
04/12/2008 8:55 pm
A simple little battery powered chromatic tuner is a really good investment. I mean, tuning by ear is a good skill to have, but it's nice to have a backup for when you're lazy or want to be super precise or go to some crazy tuning.
# 4
emarwood
emarwood
04/12/2008 9:46 pm
Thanks earthman buck I will definitely look into getting one of those.

I Just wanna say I really appreciate you two for helping me out. I got myself into a bit of a tizz about it. (I hate making a fool of myself. Especially in front of people I don't know. Funnily enough it's not so bad when it's people I know. Weird.) But I think I'll still keep the poll open. It's something that would be interesting to find out about.

Love you XxX
# 5
JJ777
JJ777
04/12/2008 10:16 pm
Put on an ACDC cd or even better Metallica. 99% of everything they do is in E. Tune your lowest string"thickest" to what the song revolves around. EX. Enter sandman: detune this string then bring it up till it sounds like your in tune with the cd. Once you get that string in tune hold the 5th fret of that string "which is an A note" play that note with the next thickest string open. Tune the A string up until it sounds the same as the E string fifth fret. Tune the rest of the strings this way until you get to the 2nd string. Hold the 3rd string 4th fret for the 2nd string open. For the 1st string hold the 2nd string 5th fret like the rest. Always remember to tune up to your note. Never tune down. This will eliminate other tuning problems.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.