Alesis Multimix 2.0....anyone? Comments?

Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
04/10/2008 1:41 am
Sup guys,

Before I start, i think I should say that I'm looking to record my self with various mics at once, and will occasionally be recording a four or five piece band, probably using electric drums.

So I've got a Behringer 1222fx (i think thats what it is) and I'm damn happy with it. But I decided that I needed to upgrade, both in size and ability. I have my sights set on the Alesis Multimix 16 2.0 which can multitrack, and send up all its channels to the computer!

But I was wondering...I know it's more than twice the cost, but would you recomend I spend my time saving up a little more and get the Mackie Onyx 16 with Firewire?

Also, I'm looking at getting a new recording program. Recently, the ones that have looked good to me are Cubase Studio 4, Sony Acid, and obviously the Logic's, if a PC version came out, or if I got a mac, which might be possible. If the prorgam included some MIDI options, that'd be nice too.

I'm goin all out on this one! What do you guys think? Help on the program would be even more apreciated because I really have no idea.
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/10/2008 4:43 am
Id go with the Mackie unit as they generally make nicer kit and their pres are likely to be much better. As far as midi well you can always buy a USB midi port later
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Fenderalltheway
Fenderalltheway
04/10/2008 9:12 pm
I meant i would like the software to have midi stuff...but now that i think about it more, I'm realizing that even though the mackie is nicer, its twice as expensive and I think it'll really be a while until I need that many inputs...
"When you want to rock hard children, lean of F#."
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.