Gibson Explorer?

Sasuke199
Sasuke199
03/30/2008 3:01 pm
I have been looking at some higher end guitars, and I have taken an interest in the Gibson Explorer. I played one at my local music shop, and it felt odd at first sitting down, but I think it's easy to get used to. I did not get to see its full sound potential because they only had mediocre amps set up. If anyone has ever had any good experience with the Explorer, or owned it, please let me know how it sounds and feels in the long run!

Thanks.
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
04/02/2008 8:14 pm
I've played one, great for standing up but no good for sitting down. The biggest thing about it is that it looks cool but IMO the best guitars are the standard shape: strat/LP/Ibanez/Jackson etc. When forking out high end bucks you want to be able to play high end stuff easily, the shape of the body plays a massive role in this. I would only buy unorthodox shapes if I was in a major band playing that gigged live every night - even then, I would practice and jam with a regular shape while sitting down. Hope that helps, just my opinion of course.
# 2
Sasuke199
Sasuke199
04/09/2008 7:42 pm
Being that I'm sort of a big guy, I found this shape pretty comfortable when sitting down. I don't sit down and play very often though. Do you know anything about the overall sound of the guitar? Or maybe the feel of the neck? I've only played Epiphone Explorers before, and I found it pretty nice. Help appreciated, thanks.
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.