View post (Ac/dc)

View thread

light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
04/03/2008 9:32 pm
I was listening to to some of their songs on my MP3 player today, on my way here to work. I really love the pure, raw rock'n'roll energy that Brian brought to the line up, take Back in Black as a good example or even Highway to Hell. I also really love the cheekiness that Bon brought to the line up. There is something truly unique about the songs that Bon sang on. Take "The Jack" as a extremely good example of this.. not only are the lyrics risque but the way he sings them really makes them sound cheeky and naughty. It's very much an artform in and of itself.

I never even knew of the other singer.. Dave Evans.. but then I have never been a "fan" of any particular band to ever go into that much detail. I know what I like, and AC/DC in both stages of evolution are great. The first songbook I actually bought so I could play a riff was "The AC/DC Anthology". I bought it to learn the finger tapping riff at the start of Thunderstruck.. and to be honest I never really used it much after that, except may be for Angus Young part at the start of Back in Black.
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog