Latest Idea

maestro shaz
maestro shaz
03/26/2008 1:54 pm
Hey there, I've picked up the guitar finally after a few months break from it....

Im trying something different to what I usually play..... experimenting with chords i dont use much...

The verse is pretty solid but most of the solo is just improv and just a basic drum beat to keep timing... Some gaps here and there..... Not sure where to go further, but please check out my Latest Experiment
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 1
equator
equator
03/26/2008 8:05 pm
Hey Maestro Shaz.

I like this one a lot. Call me crazy but I think that it could make a nice Bossa Nova tune. I mean, that’s what the chord progression sounds like (I hear seventh and extended chords, following jazz and samba movements). So yeah, Bossa with modern guitar I’m guessing.

Maybe you could work on the instrumentation if you choose to go with the Bossa idea by adding bongos, claves, rim shots, shaker, etc. And introduce a modulation here and there ( think cool jazz )
As for inspiration think Brazil, caipirinha, garotas belas :D

You could also change things a little and go for Jazz Fusion with trumpets, sax, etc.
Keep up the good work mate.
Someday I`ll play like in my dreams.

equator's Music Page.

# 2
maestro shaz
maestro shaz
03/27/2008 12:35 pm
Hey Equator!

Thanks for listening man...... All the things you suggested are great...
But what got me thinking is caipirinha, garotas belas...

What is this? It sounds interesting....

I can hear the Bossa Jazz kinda thing happening in this piece and you are right about the 7th and extended chords.....

Thanks again Mate....
[FONT=Verdana]
MuSiC RoCkZz
[/FONT]
My Music
# 3
RGX312l
RGX312l
03/28/2008 6:23 am
Very smooth sounding. It's a typcial hot midday sun shining day in the tropics - I think you know what I mean Shaz :)

The theme is sweet and as always, your gtr work is....err...how to describe.." Cleanly excecuted improvisaion :) Love the melodic run at the end...very daring sequence of notes to play.

RGX:)
"Dangerous Distortion, Serious Sustain"

www.soundcloud.com/rgx312l
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.