View post (Should Artist Sign By Guitar?)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
03/19/2008 9:19 am
I have a $3000 acoustic Martin that I take everywhere. On occasions I have had the opportunity to have artist sign it, but never did. I understand it would ad value to the guitar to have signatures of well known artists. We are talking about Dolly Parton, Glen Campbell, Charlie Daniels, Kenny Rogers, Phil Keaggy, Tommy Emmanuel, Tony Rice, Jerry Reed, Doc Watson, and many more. Notice some are not great guitarist, but are well know celebritities in the music industry.

Of course, I may not be able to get any now, but if I could, should I have them sign my Martin? And if so, what type of pen should be used? I'm thinking a permanent marker like a Sharpie. And will it take well to the high polished surface. I certainly don't want it to smear or fade.

What say you? Anybody!

I don't want my guitar to look like Tommy Emmanuel's, but it hasn't hurt the sound. He has to wear the lower bow through sometime with all that scratching.

P.S. Where I live there is a Biography tonight on Jimmy Hendix. You might see if you can get it were you live, if you are interested.