Jackson DK2 electric guitar (Black)

pyromaniacjake
pyromaniacjake
03/14/2008 6:59 pm

Jackson DK2 Electric guitar superstrat ( black )

Price: £349.99

Pros: Great neck, very fast and easy to slide on. Floyd rose,nice to have, gives you extra options and has a locking system. Jumbo Frets.Seymour Duncan Picups, humbucker produces a nice crunch and single coil stk-1's at neck and central handle clean sounds well. Good strap positions, means it wont slip off and smash.Trademark jackson Headstock and Nice paint job.Cutaway allows for easy acces to lower frets.Tidy Bolt-on at back of neck. Sturdy and well assembled in japan, high quality. AND most importantly it is generallly comfortable to play. Oh and the tuners are nice to use.

Cons: The volume knob is under the bridge pickup meaning if you are particularly voracious with your downstrokes you can hit it throwing you off and sometimes turning your volume down. Floyd makes guitar harder to tune, but this is all floyd roses aswell. And the black paint shows up finger marks easily its doing my head in.

Review: Now after that extensive list of pros and cons based on my scrutiny of the guitar ill review it. I have played some highly ranked guitars in my experience and i have to say this one is by far my favorite in terms of the experience and sound. I would rank it over gibson sg's and dean razorbacks. the guitar is very versatile and is designed for use in metal. It looks fantastic and the mother of pearl shark fin inlays are sex on frets. ( Bit corny? ) Im having trouble with the images im not a computer person.... but belive me google it, it looks better in real life however. The wood used in the neck is loverly and i wouldnt swap it for anything i think its maple..... Im also pretty sure the body is french alder (please comment with corrections if necessary) The tuners are smooth and easy to use, once you remove the locking. The fingerboard is indian rosewood and glides like a dream. okay i think thats it really thanks for reading.

SUMMARY: I love this guitar thats my opinion and id say if youve got the money and like the style defiently conisider it, as i said the volume knob position is annoying but it is a great guitar.

Jacob Brown (UK)

:confused: :confused: Edit: i cant get the picture right so ill post a link, the guitar is red but hey...
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.