Monitoring yer records..

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
11/10/2001 10:53 pm
Greetings!

I am trying to upgrade my puter with studio-monitor speakers. Monitoring with normal HIFI-Speakers sucks cuz you´ll never realy get a mix that sounds good on EVERY Hifi...

and now i´m wondering what Speakers i should buy.. can anyone give me some reccomendations? I was thinking about the Yamaha NS10M, but they are no longer available.. the speaker should not be too expensive - about 700-1000 bucks a pair.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

-=[Azrael]=-

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
11/11/2001 2:25 am
Years ago, I hand-crafted a really nice pair of three-way speakers, and fine-tuned them in the anechoic chamber at the National Research Council. (Its so nice to work in interesting places!)

You know what I use now? A set of PCWorks speakers from Cambridge Soundworks. It takes the Front and Rear outputs from my SoundBlaster PCI 128, adds a sub-woofer, and blows me away! The real kicker is that it cost about $150 CDN when I bought one for my game-playing brother a year ago, and I bought a used set for myself for $60 CDN this year. My outlay for the hand-crafted, super-flat-response furniture quality [u]pair[/u] of speakers?... about $2000 CDN sob!!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.