More pickup talk.

Metallifreak6
Metallifreak6
03/05/2008 9:54 pm
I've been playing some no-name brand guitar while i've been learning and i'm hoping to upgrade sooner or later. I get a lot of fuzz from my amp and to me it seems like the pickups are the problem. I don't really know anything about pickups tho so i was hoping you guys could help me out. They are probably simple cheap ones but i'm fine with them for now, my question is: when i go buy a new guitar, what sort of pickup info do i need to know? From what i do know i think pickups probably have the most to do with my sound quality but i don't know much. Anyways, if you guys have any clues or have a link for me to read that'd be great, thanks!
# 1
BrokenJera
BrokenJera
03/06/2008 12:07 am
im not an expert on pickups but ill try to help some. my guess is the guitar you have now has single coil pickups in it. and thats why they buzz (i could be wrong about the pickups you do have though).

if you looking for a new guitar and not sure what you need to know about pickups, here all you need to know. DO THEY SOUND GOOD FOR THE STYLE I PLAY. you can forget about all the flashy names or the cutting edge brands and everything else. forget about active pickups vs. passive, forget about everything execpt do i like the way these sound. if you play a low tuned around c or drop c then play the guitar you plan to buy in c. play it clean, distorted,through a commpresser, or phaser, or delay, echo, play it how you play then remember;
DO THEY SOUND GOOD FOR THE STYLE I PLAY.

thats the only way to tell if you going to like a pickup
They say the END is near, but I'm Tired of waiting.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.