View post (Distortion Pedal Decision.)

View thread

Sasuke199
Sasuke199
04/10/2008 1:21 am
If you haven't already checked them out, try some of Digitech's distortion pedals. I got a grunge distortion from Digitech 3 days ago, and it's really nice, all the distortion you would ever need if you want actual notes coming out of your guitar (lol). The only thing I noticed about this pedal is that it only does heavy distortion. I wish it was a little bit more versatile, because it would be nice to get blues tones out of it, but that's definitely not going to happen. Depending on the kind of music you listen to, Digitech probably has the pedal for you. They have a Hot Head, which is kind of like a vintage british distortion. And they have a Screamin' Blues pedal, which is for what the title implies. There is also a tube distortion pedal called the Bad Monkey. Each one is just $40! I am think about getting the Screamin' Blues pedal because it sounded nice, but I didn't want it first because I didn't think I would be playing much blues. Little did I know I was going to be learning 'Texas Flood'..... Happy hunting, and hope I helped. Oh yeah... I left out the Death Metal distortion, because that was a little too hardcore for my taste.