View post (Peavey Envoy vs. Peavey Bandit- Opinions please)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/21/2008 3:43 am
Hey guys- I received the Envoy as expected at my office before 11:30 am! But I've come down with a massive cold, and haven't really been able to play with it much. But so far, I like what I hear, and this thing is LOUD. With my master volume on my Strat set to 2, I still have to have the master volume on the amp set to less than 3! I have to get the hang of the various settings, but it does have a tube like sound. I just have to find the sweet spot of the sound I want. It sounds really good with the Behringer tube overdrive pedal. Actually, that's how I discovered this amp. On youtube, this Australian guy was demonstrating the overdrive pedal, and he was playing a Bandit. Then, when I cranked the volume up a bit, on a different setting, I was getting some hiss. My noise-gate fixed that. Well, I'm happy so far, maybe I'll do a review when I figure out what's what. Thanks again for the input.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)