View post (Peavey Envoy vs. Peavey Bandit- Opinions please)

View thread

Silimtao
Silimtao
02/17/2008 1:24 pm
Hey all- I'm in the market for a new amp. Originally, I was looking around for a little practice amp for my son, then my interest was piqued when I saw the Peavey Bandit used on a youtube vid. It supposedly emulates a tube amp (both the Envoy and Bandit supposedly do.) The Bandit sounded pretty good even on a YT vid. Anyone with personal experience with either model or bothl? If yes, I'd appreciate your own dislikes/likes if any.

My needs are pretty simple in that I don't need a super high-end amp, play mostly at home. And the rare times I play outside of my apartment, it will be in a studio/place that has amps already there. I'm leaning towards the Envoy because 40 watts is plenty. My priorities are: sounds like a tube, relatively small. I have plenty of pedals for different sounds, so built in effects aren't a major priority. I'm a total idiot when it comes to hardware, I just know what I like when I come across it. I've managed well with a Fender Champ for over 30 yrs. and now play mostly through a Micro Cube- but I want a tube sound- cheap, of course, if possible!

Thanks in advance!

PS- I don't know if Guitar Center is international, but here in the US, there's a big President's Day sale going on. Check the prices against the prices against samedaymusic.com- you'll find comparable prices, or even cheaper. I've bought from them before, and, because they ship from NJ I literally get what I order the very next day, while not having to pay NY taxes. It's almost pointless test driving anything at GC on weekends/sale weekends because you have a wall of sound around you. I'm used to "buying blind", and have been pretty lucky.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)