Tascam 424 mkIII tape help

force_of_shred
force_of_shred
02/04/2008 5:14 am
OK i picked up one of these at my local music stores annual yard sale fore a hunderd bucks it's in mint shape and seem to work exactly as it should.

here's my question I downloaded the user manual and when reading it i came across a section where they strongly suggest high bias type 2 cassettes and that the machine is internally adjusted for these tapes,my question is since type 4 tapes are supposed to be superior can I use them in this machine with good results? or do i have to get it adjusted or should i just forget about it entirely.
my problem is I'm kind of an audiophile so I know getting into cassette recording likely wasn't a good choice for me, but anyway ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated.

heres a pic
http://www.tascam.com/products/424mkiii.html
" "this tone ain't workin for me" is the first thing a guitar player says when he hasn't done his homework"- Bob Rock
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/04/2008 8:33 pm
I used my 424mkIII with both types and they both worked well. Even with a reasonable monitoring system Im not sure I could tell the difference.

I did find some at www.8thstreetmusic.com about 6 years ago however I think you will be just fine with regular high quality tapes.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.