Please allow me . . .

Lemmywyn
Lemmywyn
02/02/2008 5:54 am
. . . to introduce myself.

I'm a lapsed intermediate player who, having purchased a wee steinberger and a boss effects pedal, has decided to have another crack at it after about 10 years. Just poking around the site here and there, and I am looking forward to having a crack at some of the stuff on here. Looks great so far.

Video lessons and everything :eek:

Wasn't like this in my day I can tell you :D
# 1
ren
ren
02/02/2008 10:27 am
welcome to GT... :)

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2

02/02/2008 7:09 pm
Welcome to GT.

You're right, it wasn't like that before lol

I remember when the only way to get tablatures was to go in a music store and buy the book :)
# 3
spychocyco
spychocyco
02/03/2008 4:01 am
If I'd had internet and online guitar lessons when I was starting out, I'd be a much better guitar player. Heck, I've only been working with the lessons here for a couple of weeks, and I've already made more progress than in probably the last 10 years of playing the same riffs and licks over and over. This site is one of the best discoveries I've made in quite a while.

I also remember the days of having to got to a music store and buy the book. (Of course I rarely had the money to buy one, so most of the time, I just looked through the book and tried to commit the riffs I wanted to learn to memory. Same with the guitar magazines on the racks at the grocery store. :D )
http://spychocyco.blogspot.com
http://www.teethofthedivine.com
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/03/2008 4:36 am
Originally Posted by: BenoitWelcome to GT.

I remember when the only way to get tablatures was to go in a music store and buy the book :)

.. or the days of going in with a pen & paper, hiding from the salespeople & copying the chord charts down cause ya couldn't afford to buy the book :)
# 5
Lemmywyn
Lemmywyn
02/03/2008 11:56 pm
heh heh he. Good stuff.

I embarked on a mail order course. 10 lessons with a small booklet and audio cassette each. Fast Fingers it was called. Was acctually a great way to begin moving from chords into the world of lead guitar. I think it's what seperated me from the other local lads that were learning back in the day. Spent hours apon hours mastering each and every minute detail. Very short lessons though, and pretty basic.

If I had had this site back in the day, woof ! I'd be like Jack Butler on steroids by now ! :rolleyes:

We could mibby all claim that right enough !
# 6
Lemmywyn
Lemmywyn
02/03/2008 11:59 pm
Cheers for the welcome btw. :)
# 7
Lemmywyn
Lemmywyn
02/04/2008 4:56 pm
Originally Posted by: BenoitWelcome to GT.

Just realised who you are mate, your "Metal Rhythm - Song 6 - Riff 1" is a fooking belter. I'm finding it quite tricky even at slow speeds, but with a bit of time I will get it, all the info is there. Any more like this would be greatly welcomed. Nice job.
# 8
shang_lai
shang_lai
02/05/2008 2:39 pm
Hi, my name is leslie and I thought of joining so as to learn how to play the guitar together with my sister who is also starting to play the guitar..but the very most string instrument that I know love to play is the Banduria..I used to be in the banduria clucb when I was in elementary till highschool.

I just bought a knew Banduria to refresh my memory on how to play the instrument...Um, if anybody from here knows how to play the same instrument, I would love to chat with you....God Bless..y'All
# 9
Lemmywyn
Lemmywyn
02/05/2008 3:24 pm
Originally Posted by: shang_laiHi, my name is leslie and I thought of joining so as to learn how to play the guitar together with my sister who is also starting to play the guitar..but the very most string instrument that I know love to play is the Banduria..I used to be in the banduria clucb when I was in elementary till highschool.

I just bought a knew Banduria to refresh my memory on how to play the instrument...Um, if anybody from here knows how to play the same instrument, I would love to chat with you....God Bless..y'All

hoi you, start your own thread ! this is my introductory thread :p (only kidding) Welcome aboard from a fellow newbie, if you want to learn guitar you are in the right place.

Never heard of a banduria though I'm afraid, you may have more luck if you start a thread with said instrument in the title. Good luck to you and your sister pal.
# 10
hippohumper
hippohumper
02/05/2008 11:33 pm
Hey welcome to GT
:)
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.