01/29/2008 11:33 am
Fender Squire Mini

RRP $99 / £105

Body: Laminated Hardwood
Neck: Maple
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Fixed, non tremolo
Pickups etc: 3 Single-Coil Pickups. Tone, Volume & Pickup selector controls

Available in Black, Torino red and other limited edition finishes.

The Squier Mini is the 3/4-size version (22.75" scale length) of the Squier Bullet. I purchased one so I could cater for some of the younger kids I teach, but it has become an eminently usable instrument, which I now take with me when I travel so I can play on the go.

Obviously, at this price point some concessions are made... most notably the laminated body and frankly awful machine heads. Once swapped for Gotohs, tuning was stable. The neck on this guitar is really nice – a little small for a fully grown and experienced player, but perfect for what I bought it for. The frets are well dressed, and the finish generally is exceptional, especially for a budget guitar. It arrived set up with a nice low action, and is very easy to play.

The Squier Mini compares favourably to competitors, most notably Johnson – who also make a 3/4 size Strat style guitar. Johnson's offering is solid bodied, and comes in (arguably) more attractive finishes, but comes a distant second to the Squier in the tone and playability departments. If you are looking for a 3/4 electric, you won't find better than the Squier Mini...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.