Definitely Considering It.

Dilapidus
Dilapidus
01/27/2008 3:35 am
Ok.. I've just got started on the free deal. My experience so far is positive with a few small quibbles.

Pros :
I like the video player, works great on the mac. The A-B repeat is very nice. Being able to download the clip is fantastic (I travel frequently) but as they are FLV, I am likely to want a local player for those features (on the Mac, naturally). Even a downloadable html page could work.

It looks like navigation will easy on the website.

MP3 format for audio only lessons is great.

Cons :
Looks like a significant portion of the lessons are MP3 and not video, I could be wrong.

Downloaded file names for FLV and tab have no obvious relation to each other and little relation to the lesson. Again, I travel a lot and will be offline often and will want to be able to practice.

It looks like there is no mechanism for determining which lessons I have already 'completed' that might be nice.

Some of the lessons seem a little thin.. how to play a C9 chord. I realize that this was a beginner lesson, but that was awfully short.

Overall, I'm pleased so far and am likely to try it for a while at least.
# 1
Dilapidus
Dilapidus
01/27/2008 4:51 am
The video lesson I used is clipped too tight at the beginning and so you can't really judge when to start if you are trying to play with it. Just a little thing, but you know the deal. They add up.
# 2
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/27/2008 1:40 pm
Originally Posted by: DilapidusCons :
Some of the lessons seem a little thin.. how to play a C9 chord. I realize that this was a beginner lesson, but that was awfully short.

Hi Dilapidus,
Welcome......Just wanted you to know that the C9 lesson you viewed is 1 of 4 lessons in a series on playing over the C9 chord. That may be why it appeared to end abruptly......Enjoyed your blog BTW.
All the best.
Doug
# 3
Dilapidus
Dilapidus
01/27/2008 5:16 pm
I didn't write that correctly, the blues lead by Doug Fearman (is that you?) starts off in the first note! I need a second or so lead in.

However, these are tiny quibbles, and I dug that lead and the whole video angle . I might sign up just to do that one in half time!

Thanks for the nice comment about my blog! I'd love to hear what kind of rig that was on the blues lesson.
# 4
Dilapidus
Dilapidus
01/27/2008 5:21 pm
Originally Posted by: DilapidusI didn't write that correctly, the blues lead by Doug Fearman (is that you?) starts off in the first note! I need a second or so lead in.

Ahh.. that IS you. Fantastic. Nice to meet you. If I sign up, you'll be a large part of the reason why.

R
# 5
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
drf46
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/27/2008 11:52 pm
Originally Posted by: DilapidusAhh.. that IS you. Fantastic. Nice to meet you. If I sign up, you'll be a large part of the reason why.
R

Good to meet you as well Dilapidus. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have. Look forward to hearing from you.
Doug
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.