3 Tips for Improving Your Tone

LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
LisaMcC
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/15/2008 7:01 pm
Hello all-

Just a quick note to let you know I just posted a new tutorial on strategies and techniques for improving your tone. While the lessons are mostly presented in a beginners' context, the concepts can be applied to all skill levels, and all styles of music.

The first three lessons introduce the three concepts in a beginners' context, and then the fourth lesson in the tutorial demonstrates those same concepts in an advanced context.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:
http://www.guitartricks.com/tutorial.php?input=474

Enjoy! - Lisa McCormick, Guitar Tricks Instructor
Lisa McCormick, GT Instructor
Acoustic, Folk, Pop, Blues

Full Catalog of Lisa's Guitar Tricks Tutorials
Find Lisa on Facebook!
# 1
Mr_Z
Mr_Z
01/16/2008 6:45 pm
Hahaha...how funny is this. Last night I was sitting here going through some chords and they just sounded terrible. Well guess what? My nails were just a little to long. I log in today and guess what your tips are about? Now how cool is that. Thanks Lisa...I really enjoy your tutorials.

David
# 2
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
01/16/2008 8:13 pm
Originally Posted by: LisaMcCJust a quick note to let you know I just posted a new tutorial on strategies and techniques for improving your tone. While the lessons are mostly presented in a beginners' context, the concepts can be applied to all skill levels, and all styles of music.

Tee hee.. I have always had this really bad habit of biting my nails.. So I've never had a problem with long nails.. hehe.. but I do also have a habit of biting my calloused fingers as well.. when they get really hard and plastic-like, I tend to bite at them.. hehe.. I know.. it's gross.. but that's me.. Luke "Gross" Parsons.. :) hehe..
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 3
looneytunes
looneytunes
01/17/2008 12:36 pm
Originally Posted by: light487Tee hee.. I have always had this really bad habit of biting my nails.. So I've never had a problem with long nails.. hehe.. but I do also have a habit of biting my calloused fingers as well.. when they get really hard and plastic-like, I tend to bite at them.. hehe.. I know.. it's gross.. but that's me.. Luke "Gross" Parsons.. :) hehe..

Man are you gross! Just kidding. :) I heard of a lot worse, but we won't go there.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.