Transfering sounds from your brain...

Joseph
Joseph
11/05/2001 1:44 am

Have you guys figured it our yet? not quite sure you guys know what Im talking about, but it's basically a moment, that one fine moment where everything makes sense. Now, for most of yo guys I'm sure you're thinking a woman, or your personal lovelife, or the many moments of desparity when you finally ask for forgiveness from your significant other. That one moment where you think that you know the answer to all of your problems, being that you know just when to shut up.

Umm, no.. That's not it.

I'm talking bout that one moment in your life where everything stands still and nothing matters. Now for a lot of you guys I' sure you're thinking of sex. Yeah, hot, steamy sex. Sex on your neighbors rof top, or perhaps in a nice swimming pool out back. That one moment where you can connect with your partner, and simply forget about all of those nights where your life seemed like it was falling apart. MMM, sex, right.

Wrong, that's not even close..

I'm talking about that one moment where you're able to finish an idea.

Personally, I could go on about my life, and after a few sentences it would probably get pretty boring, because we've all been through the same **** in life. He said, she said, I love you, I love you bull****. But as musicians, the one thing that we can always count on is our practiced brains. Personally, I think the one place we want to go as musicians, that place we've always dreamed about is where we can take the music that's going on inside our heads and successfully transmit it onto the fretboard.

Sounds simple right? wrong!

For some of us it never comes, for some of us, it's a dream that never really becomes part of our immediate reality. But for others when it's found, it's treated like gold. Overall, this past week has been holy hell hell for me, in and out of relationships, doors slammed in my face. However, that one moment where you can finish that one amazing musicial composition, that one idea, it kind of helps you forget about everything else, at least for a little while. So, I'm greatful that I was able to finish this idea, and for some of us we work well under pressure and torturous situations. Not me, but sometimes we have no choice.

I finally finished a great song that's been in my head for so long, for weeks I just couldn't transfer it throuhgh my fingers and onto the fretboards. I tried pianio, but I just couldn't concentrate. But I finally finished it on guitar a while ago and it sounds great. One of these days I'll put it up on the net so you guys can steal it, because the moment will be gone soon. But still, it's a great moment worth hanging onto, when you can simply finish that one idea.

So, everyone, do you find it easily to transfer the sounds inside your brain on the fretboard? And what's the one special place you've wanted to take yourselves as musician? Have you found your way there yet?

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 1
jarviss
jarviss
11/05/2001 3:40 am
i "hear" the songs in my head
sometimes...when im half asleep/half awake..
just on that moment of sleep..
i can hear these whole songs...arrangements..compositions
whatever...
i try to work em out on my guitar and it just doesnt
work
:(
someday tho.

yo
# 2
stratman42
stratman42
11/05/2001 8:20 pm
Yeh, i know that feeling. However, if the in bed thing happens with lyrics it can be really satisfying. That happened with my first ever song. With the music its not so easy though. I can hardly ever put my own ideas onto the fretboard, but when i wrote songs with the singer in my old band, he came up with the ideas and i could put them straight onto the fretboard. Ah, thoses were the days... Then i got kicked outta tha band. My own band that i formed!!! Ah well, **** happens. Musical differences my ARSE...
Work hard...Play hard...Break a string...:mad:

Actions speak louder than words...
And my actions speak louder than yours :D
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.