View post (GT Solo Assignment January '08)

View thread

FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
01/14/2008 12:26 pm
Originally Posted by: seazerThanx for comments guys and thanx for your time and effort on the tracks Equator.
Quote:

Cheers mate anything in particular you would like to know only be to happy to help out with any licks you like__but if you work them out all the better :cool:
I enjoyed your take wasnt bluesy parse but grooved along more santana style cool stuff.

Thanx for that man, you are playing my Holy Grail guitar I been after one for yonks but at the right price just out of reach in my bay bidding.I spose I could hit my brother up for his 770 red when his deperate for money but he seems to have slowly butchered it with all his half finished projects on it poor thing (guitar that is) :D
Good to see you incorporate what you have been practicing into your track I find that happens to me alot what I have been practicing somehow finds its way in to my gt tracks even if totally different to the back track I try to make it fit.By the way the lick I did about 1.32 to 1.36 is a Paul Gilbert thing I was working on this month.You are on the right track leaning that stuff then incorporating into your style.Very adventurous track for you this month good stuff.

Bar chord Nick__Nice Groovy feel you have going,I could get straight into got me tapping along with it, good timing and structure.You have a nice feel for the blues style. Good stuff man.

Seazer... Thanks for the comments. I got lucky when I got my RG770. A friend was moving and decided to sell a bunch of his stuff. I got my Red one for $350.00 its a 1991 or 92. Its the one guitar I will probably keep forever. Has the red lightning bolt inlays on the fretboard and the floyd rose. I went through a phase about two years ago when I was starting out where I thought that buying a different and better guitar would make me a better player. So about 6 or 7 guitars later I realized that it was just going to take lots of hours of hard practicing and not a new guitar. But they do look good hanging on the wall.
Glad to hear another person using some Paul Gilbert in their playing. I think he is one of the best. His new CD Get out of my Yard is brilliant. Just got the tab for all of it and the instructional DVD. Once again thanks for the input. :)