piano

oib111
oib111
01/03/2008 5:15 pm
Ok, I know this is a guitar forum, but this is also open discussion, plus I know lots of guitarists either learned piano before guitar or after and just play it as well as the guitar. So, I am like teaching myself how to play, in the most literal term. Not like reading books, but seriously teaching myself. I figured out the notes, and the chords and all that. But, like since I'm so used to guitar, it's hard for me to work with all the choices I have on the piano. I know arpeggio playing is a nice way to play on the piano. But are they're like certain styles I can get to play on the piano. But let me explain a little more. Like, say I had C Cadd2, Am7, and Cadd4, originally a guitar progression but also sounds very nice on the piano. Anyway, I don't want to improvise in the key of C, but I want to, like. I can't really explain. If you listen to Let it Be by the Beatles and hear the way Paul is playing the piano that's what I'm aiming for, but I don't really know what he's doing.
# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/03/2008 8:16 pm
Please check out this site:
http://www.pianotricks.com

Also, if you search the web (using google for example) for a MIDI file of any given song you are interested in, you can usually find a decent enough MIDI file that will show you exactly what all the instrumental parts are doing.
Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
oib111
oib111
01/03/2008 8:29 pm
thx CShlegel
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.