View post (Beginner feedback request)

View thread

mpaq
mpaq
01/03/2008 2:49 pm
Originally Posted by: light487With the Wah-pedal you don't need to use it as much as you would think. I watch live shows where they are basically tapping the wah in time of the beat.. but they are usually not using the full range of the wah.. I tend to find a "sweet" spot and then leave it there until I need it, then I use the rocking motion during the section of the solo I am doing, then I move it back to the sweet spot again. Obviously usage of any effect is a personal choice but you generally get more with less in music.

I hear ya. I find though with the wah, even if i keep it in the full up position, it still affects the tone and gives it a twangy effect which progresses as you depress the pedal...so its tough to eliminate that "dying cat" sound as you put it :) entirely, and especially with the POD model i chose. Can't remember the amp model its based on, but I was trying to emulate a Satriani type sound as much as i could.
I understand what you say about less is more and i would much rather have a plain, simple but well done piece and then build as my skill progresses. The feedback helps bring me back and regroup.