How Do I get more Gigs?

ronbelluso
ronbelluso
12/31/2007 2:58 am
Wondering if anyone out there has a link to resources or just tips regarding how to get more gigs. It seems like in order for my band to progress further and build up more of a following in my state, I need to playing more shows. The money aspect would not be a problem either.

It seems like my hardcore fans are getting sick of seeing us play at the same venues, but we need those staples in order to survive. Any tips are greatly appreciated on this subject. I did find an article that gets into the basics but suggests a few tips below.

Intro to How to Get Gigs
# 1
Byron Marks
Byron Marks
01/03/2008 11:23 pm
One thing you could try is gig swapping with other bands. Sometimes it's difficult to do but there are bands that will do that. Gig swapping also gets you in the door at other clubs and lets their people hear you and they could offer you your own gig there. Another thing to do is just look up clubs you'd want to play and e-mail them to see how new bands can get into their clubs.
# 2
ccstunes
ccstunes
01/04/2008 10:57 pm
Well here in Texas the bands have to make up a promo pack and send it to the Nice Clubs. Promo pack is a bio about the band a picture and a cd with a couple of songs on it,that works if your good or take the promo pack around to the clubs in your area. :)
# 3
daveyravey
daveyravey
01/06/2008 9:39 pm
First post, here goes ............

Contact a few clubs & tell them you'll play a "one off gig" for free.
That way if the clubs take you up on the offer, they'll see how many "bums on seats" they will get = money in their pockets.
It's worth a shot, as it worked for me 20 years ago :D
# 4
lockwolf
lockwolf
01/08/2008 4:23 am
Originally Posted by: Byron MarksOne thing you could try is gig swapping with other bands.

Thats a very good way. Also, nothing screams "Book Me" like a little thing called buzz. Get the word out around your area and maybe somebody will catch on!
# 5
Dene88
Dene88
01/16/2008 3:02 pm
Be a salesman.

Go to the clubs your interested in playing in, talk to the right guy, be nice, smile and if he likes you which you must make sure he does, then chances are he will give you the opportunity to play his club.

If he still says no, then offer to play the first gig for free.

Also tell him that you keep hearing how cool his club is, he will like that. But don't make it sound too smarmy (cocky or slimy).

Good luck

Dene (london UK)
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.