GT site assesment

ThunderThumbs
ThunderThumbs
12/28/2007 8:29 pm
Well, I've only been poking around here for a couple of days, but I have a couple of observations I'd like to make.

The site is extremely well organized, and is easy to move around in. The administrators and moderators are quick to respond and patient with getting their points across - even to hostile and rude posters. All the lessons I've looked at have been well presented, and categorized properly - the beginner level actually were for beginners; I've seen a lot of beginner level stuff that is just plain insulting - completely over-looking the difference between Absolute Beginner with the guitar and Beginner only to this aspect, or style of playing.

I'm really impressed with the 'Click Here to Contribute' aspect - the expected parameters are clear and concise, with links to further explanations and/or technical advice. Clearly, not just another 'old boys' club, but a tool for all to share and learn from. Nicely done, guys!

The forums are the least aspect of the site, in my opinion ( that's IMO, for you text freaks ); full of all types - the good, the bad, the indifferent...but a community, none the less.

I'm happy I found GT - I'll be a regular visitor and supporter. I've been playing ( and occasionally teaching ) for over forty years...anything that helps me get better is a treasured resource - even if I have to pay for most of it...you can't get something for nothing, unless somewhere, somehow, someone else is getting nothing for something...and that's the truth!
# 1
ralphdp
ralphdp
12/28/2007 8:39 pm
THANKS for your great feedback. Muchly appreciated! Happy New Year to you!
# 2
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
12/28/2007 9:11 pm
The forums are a great resource.. Not sure what you meant by "least aspect".. but I find it helps to clarify things when you have already tried out the lessons in the specific thing you want help on and you now need to hear it in someone else's words..

The whole site is great :)
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.