View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
12/29/2007 6:56 pm
Ok.. that was interesting...

As far as the gradual evolution - I still find that extremely hard to beleive... because scientifically (since that is where the argument comes from) if that were the case... we would have species in midst of evolving right now... I haven't seen any apes or gorrillas giving birth to human babies.. or have even heard of it. Let alone other species evolving into different species. Just requires just as much faith as to beleive that God created us.

And I can't really comment on the whole "perfect" argument... because I don't know what the original hebrew word that it refers to in the Bible... there are many instances in the bible that a word is translated and is used differently now than it was back then... and example is Emmanuel.. in the bible the hebrew word for Emmanuel (meaning God with us) is used.. and sometimes its translated to God with us and others it was left as a proper name Emmanuel still means the same thing however Emmanuel was somehow converted to a proper name when that appears was not the intention...

I beleive God is a supreme being, Almighty as compared to us... he is the Creator.. It states in the bible that we as mankind will become perfect after the Lord works on us... So i'm leaning towards the definition is not the same... maybe it means "ready" and completed or finished... that is just speculation on my part - but to not beleive in God based on one word and its definition doesn't seem just in my opinion.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.