View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
12/28/2007 6:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeI feel Christianity is the most rejected and censored religion here.... that of course is my opinion... from what I have seen.[/QUOTE]
Whaaaaat? You think Christianity is the most censored religion in North America? I think the fact that the huge majority of Canadians and Americans celebrate Christmas says otherwise. What about, like, Wicca or Shinto? Compare a Sikh wearing a turban in school with a Christian wearing a golden cross in school and see who gets picked on more.

[QUOTE=Tonja_Renee]Personally I think a world without religion would be a horrible place. No one thinking they are accountable for their actions.

To some degree, religion can be a good thing. It can give people hope and the faith that things will ultimately work out. It can help people beat their addictions and vices, and like you said, it can even hold people accountable for their actions.

The problem is when people take the "accountable for their actions" bit too far and mess up the whole world for the sake of obeying an ancient (and at least partially irrelevant) text to the letter. And that's kind of where I think we are now. Still.