View post (Amp Low End Gone)

View thread

Drew77
Drew77
12/28/2007 1:37 am
ALright this isn't cool. I went to put the old tubes back in right and I was having a really hard time getting them to fit for some reason. They came out super easy the first time and I didn't have a problem getting the new ones in after that. So trying to get these thing in the plastic colum on the center of the bottom of them that I guess is there for stability broke off into the hole. So I went and got some pliers to get a grip on it and get it out of there since it wasn't all the way in and to get the tube in I'd have to push it in to the point where getting it out would be impossible. The damn thing is as brittle as **** and breaks apart everytime I put any pressure on it. So now it is stuck in there any way... oh well may fiish putting the old tube in at least. I do it, it fits maybe it will work. Turn on my amp and I get nothing.

So now I'm screwed. I'm not sure if all the pressure I had to put on the first tube to get it in damaged the board or broke of the stupid plastic thing on that one as well.

So my amp is out of commission and I don't feel like breaking it anymore I guess I am taking it in to a repair place. I'll have to borrow my friends acoustic for a while... could actually be beneficial in the end but still, annoying and expensive.

I can't believe that the hard part of this (fixing the input and soldering the board) went perfectly well and I managed to **** it up with putting new tubes in it. That's a bitch.