Schecter Tempest Custom Electric Guitar (Diamond Series)

jkuervo
jkuervo
12/23/2007 3:47 pm

Pricing: MSRP - $819.00, Guitar Center has it listed at $549.00

Schecter Tempest Custom Electric Guitar Features:

* Mahogany/maple body
* 3-piece mahogany/maple neck
* Rosewood fretboard
* 24-3/4" scale
* 22 jumbo frets
* Split crown inlays
* Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups
* Volume/volume/tone controls with coil tapping
* 3-way pickup switch
* TonePros bridge
* Grover tuners
* Multi-ply binding

Pros: good sustain, good hardware, coil tapping for a variety of sound, seems to be able to take a bit of punishment.
Cons:22 frets, pickups aren't great

I bought this guitar used about a month ago. It is a pretty decent looking guitar. It has an antique white finish with chrome hardware.

Basically what you are getting here is a poor man's Gibson Les Paul. In my opinion it beats out Epiphone by a good bit. While it doesn't feel like a $500 guitar it also does not feel like a $1500 guitar.

The pickups are a touch bland, but with replacements you are sitting on a pretty good guitar. The coil tap is a great feature allowing you to get a variety of tones very easily.

The weight of the guitar can ware on you if you tend to to play for extended periods of time. It is comfortable when sitting and playing though, so it isn't a huge hassle.

The best thing about this guitar is it's durability in my opinion. I would recommend it to anyone that just needs a workhorse of a guitar. From the guitar player who has a few drinks and becomes a bit careless at times to a 15 year old kid in a punk rock band.

I bought mine used from a guy that had to make rent. Some of the hardware was a bit loose, but nothing that took me over 3 minutes to fix. The intonation was perfect.

In closing, I will definitely upgrade to a more expensive guitar in the future, but I probably wont be selling this one. When I upgrade the pickups the sound should be pretty good. Plus there is just something nice about a guitar you can play hard and reckless with and not really have to worry about anything other than some broken strings.

I looked around the internet and if you want to see this specific guitar in action you can look up The Bled on youtube or google. They seem to be fairly hardcore though so you may want to turn down your speakers if you aren't into that kind of thing. Pretty sure his pickups are replaced though. I'm not promoting the band just telling you where you can see the guitar in use if interested.
# 1
ZakJenkins
ZakJenkins
12/25/2007 3:20 am
I ordered this guitar, but it got backordered. So I got an Italia Maranello Classic instead.

Love it.
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.