Iced Earth fans.

BLS33
BLS33
12/18/2007 11:46 pm
Matt Barlow is rejoining Iced Earth. I for one am really happy about it and can not wait to hear their new stuff and hopefully see them in concert with Barlow back on vocals! :D
# 1
hunter1801
hunter1801
12/19/2007 6:43 am
Awesome! I'm a huge Iced Earth fan. All of my avatars for forums are the same Iced Earth picture (except for this one since I'm not a full member :( ). Owens was "ok", but I never really liked him as much as Barlow. Barlow makes it sound a lot heavier, and more "metal". Owens never really looked the metal part either lol. Just didn't fit in right with the band. His voice was also higher than Matt's, and to me it really changed Iced Earths sound.
# 2
DAMAGED ONE
DAMAGED ONE
01/15/2008 6:01 pm
I can get into ICEDEARTH Yeah!!!
The Mind Is A Terrible Think To Waste.
# 3
FingerSpasm
FingerSpasm
02/02/2008 10:05 pm
I was really into Maiden back in High School. So last year when I heard Red Baron Blue Max for the first time I was like wow is this an Iron Maiden song that I missed somehow. But then I found out it was Iced Earth. I have checked out some of their other stuff and I really like them. Although a bunch of their stuff is really closed to Iron Maiden. Especially songs like Red Baron Blue Max. Glad to hear they are still out there making music. I really like the guitar work on Red Baron Blue Max.
# 4
spychocyco
spychocyco
02/03/2008 4:05 am
I'm pretty bummed about it actually. I like Barlow just fine, but I really liked Owens. I've got exactly the opposite take on it. I think they sounded much more aggressive with Owens, but to each his own, I guess. I'll still be buying SW Pt. 2, of course, but I've got a little less anticipation for it. Guess I'm in the minority, though.

Also, wouldn't count on seeing them in concert with Barlow. If you read Jon's announcement on the Web site, he said that Barlow will be continuing his law enforcement career and that live shows would be very limited ... meaning probably only festivals and special occasions and not regular touring. Sounds like they're pretty much going to be a studio act from now until the revolving door swings the next time and another singer comes in.
http://spychocyco.blogspot.com
http://www.teethofthedivine.com
# 5
holy diver
holy diver
02/17/2008 9:03 pm
GRRR, Bad memories, Iced earth (followed by lamb of god) were the opening act for Heaven and hell when they went to cardiff to play.... Because we got there late we missed most of it, we only heard their last song............
Love 'em though, and thats definitely good news, but what spychocyo said about gigs surely means that I still won't see them! :mad:
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.