Leatherwolf; Superhuman will dig this

dvenetian
dvenetian
12/12/2007 9:19 am
Leatherwolf is a band from my home town, Huntington Beach, California.
They started playing locally all the way back in the early 80's and disbanded around 1990. Geoff Gayer, The Lead Guitarist, and Drummer Dean Roberts remained and reformed the band with other members until 2006, of which they released their new album "World Asylum" with vocalist Wade Black (Formerly of Crimson Glory). Suddenly, Wade quits Leatherwolf after the release Due to the long world tour dates and financial burdons being unable to support his family.
Strangely after that, All the Original Band members reunite, go back in the studio and re-record the vocal tracks with the original vocalist (from 17 years ago) on the new album. They started a European tour, having to cut the tour short after firing Geoff (Lead Guitarist and songwriter) after a gig on Nov. 9th, 2007. The Band returned to Huntington Beach and are now "interviewing" for a new Guitarist. Just Crazy.......After all this time.......
I've Known Geoff over 25 years, He's the Lead force behind the Band.
Leatherwolf had been rippin locally for a long time, I remember seeing Dave Mustaine showing up to watch them at the early 80's gigs when I helped secure the backstage entrance .
Early Metallica (With Mustaine) opened for Leatherwolf at one time......
Early Leatherwolf had such a huge influence from Maiden, I used to tease them to get a 14 foot tall mascot & name it "Wolfie" (The song "Leatherwolf", you'll see what I mean). Although, I have to give them credit being first with the "Triple guitarists" bit.......
Check them out....
This is in 2006, before the original band reformed (Wade Black Vocals)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcoVXol-V4k

Same song later re-recorded with original vocalist (Mike Olivieri) rejoining.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdFbD4oZiY8

Thier MySpace (songs "Leatherwolf" and "Gypsies and Thieves" are from way back). Song excerpt "The Grail 1" is for guitarists who wish to audition for the Band to reference from. "The Grail 2" is the backing track to record from.
http://www.myspace.com/leatherwolfmusic

Superhuman, regardless of whether or not wanting to audition, I think you should submit something with your talent and post it along with your other kickass comps..........
# 1
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/14/2007 12:00 pm
Hey man, thanks for thinking of me on this one, unfortunately I'm not in the rock star vein anymore! Wife, kids and day job, location... BUT, if I was I would love to give it a shot. I checked out those links, I prefer the newer singer - a bit more aggressive and minus the falsetto. Some nice guitar playing in there, love that finger tapped arpeggio from the guy with the black Jackson V. They seem to have quite a large underground fan base.
# 2
dvenetian
dvenetian
12/15/2007 12:35 am
I prefer the new singer as well. He did a great job on the entire album.
Just for fun, I still think you should record your version of the song and post it on your site. Just shred it up, Bro.........
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.